You’ve reached the end of your course and you are now at the point where you have decided to seriously get on the career ladder, using all your fantastic skills and everything that you have learned. So how do you ensure you land the job opportunities that are right for you? Below are five top tips to help set you off on your job hunt;
- CV - make sure this is 100% up to date, highlighting everything that will make this the perfect selling canvas for you. Ensure it is error-free and tailored to the role you’re applying for. You can read our full list of CV tips here.
- Find the right agency – there are many agencies out there but not all of them will be right. You can join one or more to help you in your search but make sure you do your homework. Are they a good match for you? Do you like their clients? What is their success rate? It’s worth reading their reviews and getting recommendations where possible. Remember, it’s quality, not quantity!
- Interview ready – if you’ve secured an interview, make sure you prepare! Do your research on the company, have some questions ready, and make sure you look presentable. We have more interview tips here.
- Be pro-active and flexible - listen to agencies and their recommendations, don't expect everything to come to you, and make sure you're available for interviews
- Social media – you’ve updated your CV but what about your online platforms? Make sure your LinkedIn matches your CV and the incriminating holiday photos are hidden from public view!
These tips are vital for any candidate, regardless of whether you’ve just graduated and you’re looking for your first job or if you’re a senior PA seeking a salary of £60,000 or more. At Bain and Gray, we recruit for all support staff from graduates looking for temp work up to senior private PAs commanding over £100,000. We are regularly looking for individuals for roles including receptionists, office managers, executive assistants, team assistants, and more. Our fabulous consultants provide all the necessary support at every step throughout the job hunting process including advice, helping to make your CV perfect and interview training if required as well as access to some of the most exciting and well-known brands globally. We have a reputation for listening to our candidates and clients alike to maximise the opportunities for successful job offers.
To see all our currently available jobs, visit our website www.bainandgray.com or call us on 0207 036 2030